ItsABookLife

It's a Book Life

Hi! My names is Yasmin I read 90% of the time, the other 10% I spend on obsessing over youtubers ;) I live in a small village in Belgium, one that no one has ever heard about :) I write reviews so please Follow me! I won't dissapoint you Have a Book Life!

Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs - Book Review

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children - Ransom Riggs

Series: Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children

Publication date: June 7, 2011

Genre(s): Young adult, Dark fantasy

Summary:

This book tells the story of a boy, Jacob, who is consumed by the mystery of his grandfathers death. Clues, based on the stories his grandfather used to tell him, like curious photographs lead Jacob to an abandoned orphanage on a Welsh Island. As Jacob explores the empty bedrooms and hallways, he discovers that the children aren't just peculiar, they may have been dangerous. And put on a deserted island for a reason. And somehow -as crazy as it sounds- they may still be alive.

Jacob is determined to find out every last secret about Miss Peregrine and her peculiar children. And he doesn't have to find out on his own. In a strange way, Jacob gets caught, while exloring the orphanage for clues to these children, by a group of children itself. He gets caught up in all kinds of adventures. But soon becomes clear that Miss Peregrine and her children are in great danger. And Jacob seems to be their only hope.

Characters:

Jacob: Jacob is a very curious boy, who has wanted to find Miss Peregrine's home ever since the stories his grandfather told him when he was a little boy. But he is also brave and determined to help these children. I admire Jacob.

Abe: Abe is Jacob's grandfather and shared a love story with a peculiar child when he was younger. He told his grandson his adventures and showed him the strangest photographs. Of a girl who could hold fire, an invisible boy, a girl with a face on the back of her head and so many more.

Emma: Emma doesn't like Jacob in the beginning, he is too strange and different for her to handle and she thinks he's dangerous. And Emma, you see, is all about smthe safety of her friends. But as the story continues, they grow closer and closer and start developing feelings for eachother.

Miss Peregrine: I adore Miss Peregrine, she cares so much about every single child in her special orphanage and she dies everything she can to keep everyone safe. She's the most selfless person in this book, and come on, she can shapeshift in a bird!

That's awesome.

My opinion:

This book, oh my god, gave me chills. Wow, it's one of the best Young-Adult novel I've everread. It holds such a complicated story and impressive photography. It kept me interested till the very mast page and I can't wait to continue reading Hollow City, the sequel.

And ofcourse, I can't wait for the movie to come out.

I recommend this book to, honestly, everyone who loves a good Fantasy novel! Good job, Ransom Riggs!